Sunday, April 25

We love Chai Tea


High Tea
Originally uploaded by Margot-
I really love Chai Tea, its not an all the time drop but just a lovely treat for a sleepy tv type day. (I'm watching 'Murder She Wrote' on dvd, in new pj's with the heater on low - I highly recommend this amalgamation)

ingredients -
tea and spices

the basic recipe is something like

- Bring water to boil. add tea leaves (any black tea) and reduce heat.

- Add the spices: some cloves, cardamom (squeeze and crack the pods add them whole), a cinnamon stick (I like to break them into two).

- Simmer (until you get a nice rolling boil happening).
- Add some milk and cook a little more.

-Strain to serve.

-Sweeten to your own taste.

This on is a little fancier I found it here

1 Tbsp fennel or anise seed
6 green cardamom pods
12 cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1/4" ginger root, sliced thin
1/4 tsp black pepper corns
2 bay leaves
7 Cups water
Add, bring to a boil, and simmer 5 minutes:

2 Tbsp Darjeeling tea
Add:

6 Tbsp honey or brown sugar
1 Cup milk


2 comments:

  1. Yum!

    You could just do what I do... and use a chai teabag!

    Have you ever had chai icecream?

    I made chai/white chocolate cookies once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had my first ever go at making ice-cream the other day, the result was grand but I was not very adventurous and stuck to vanilla. I don't know it you have looked at the other recipes I've posted but I made these nice little earl grey muffins awhile ago and just love the idea of mixing tea and food. I shall endeavor to try said treats asap yum!

    ReplyDelete