Tuesday, April 27

Recipe: Carrot and Zucchini Fritters

I adapted a recipe from the very wonderful Hungry Girls Cook Book 2, last night.

Here's my version (it was TOPS):

Carrot and Zucchini Fritters

1 x medium - large carrot
1 x medium zucchini
1 x egg
25g (about 2 generous table spoons) plain flour
1 tsp (nice) curry powder or just cummin powder
1 x tsp of ground coriander OR some lovely fresh coriander
1/2 tsp salt
Olive oil
lemon wedge to serve

Grate the carrot and zucchini.
Combine well with the other ingredients.
Put a nice heavy bottom frying pan on the stove at a medium heat and dollop in some olive oil. Swirl it around to coat the pan.

Drop in a tablespoon-ish of mixure in the corner of your pan and spread it out thinly. Repeat. I got 4 fritters in my pan at once.

Cook one side until you see it browning around the edges and flip to cook the other side. Once cooked set aside and keep warm while you do the next batch.

Serve with lemon wedges.

We had ours with smoked salmon, pea sprouts (with lime and ginger balsamic vinegar) and some (stale. oops.) sourdough slices (toasted). YUM.

1 comment:

  1. The old vegan me would have converted this to eggless in under a minute flat. The new, perhaps lazier, omnivorous me just wishes my tiny vegan husband would eat eggs.

    ReplyDelete